Edinburgh hoteliers George and Sandrina Lawson are the new owners of the Best Western Mofffat House hotel in the Borders town of Moffat, Dumfriess-shire.
The three-star A-listed Georgian property was designed by famous architect John Adam and completed in 1762 for the Earl of Hopetoun.
The country house-style townhouse hotel is popular for events and functions and sits within 1.5 acres of grounds near the centre of Moffat. It is close to Junction 15 on the M74 and equidistant from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Carlisle.
Along with 21 en-suite bedrooms, the hotel offers a 100-seat lounge bar, a 40-seat dining room, and a 100-seat function room adjacent to a middle lounge and small meeting room.
There is also a third-floor private suite with three rooms and a bathroom, and a ground floor flat that is let for £9,500 a year.
The hotel achieved a £235.9548 profit on rising net turnover of £671,101 in 2007.
The new owners, from Glasgow, also own and operate the Ardmillen hotel in Edinburgh.
The Glasgow office of Colliers Robert Barry was seeking offers in excess of £1.75m for the freehold.
By Angela Frewin