Rathlin Development and Community Association
New, Unique Licence opportunity
**Operator required for 12-bedroom newly refurbished Manor House Guest Inn, Rathlin Island, Co. Antrim Northern Ireland
Opening Summer 2016
Are you looking for a new challenge?**
This brand new venture creates a really exciting opportunity for an operator to plan and execute the opening and running of this newly refurbished Guest Inn on Rathlin Island
- To become a certified 3* Guest Inn on the North coast known for its quality of accommodation, food and service
- To showcase Rathlin Island as a unique tourist destination
- Create a fabulous, locally sourced food offer
- To demonstrate the importance of local provenance, heritage, brand and to enhance Rathlin Island's reputation on the North Coast and beyond
What expertise and commitment are we seeking?
- Full control and accountability of a similar business including people management
- Achieving financial targets and managing income and expenditure
- Creating a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Creating, preparing and cooking an imaginative and high quality food and beverage offer
- Building close links and relationships with the local community and becoming part of the life on Rathlin
- Driving marketing and revenue generation activities, events and functions
- Championing local provenance and sustainability
- Training and development of staff
For this high profile role you will need the following attributes:
- Have a strong passion for delivering great service.
- Have confidence, charisma and energy to inspire and lead a team
- Have the proven financial acumen to meet the agreed business targets
- Have a CV that shows quality and progression and demonstrates experience in planning and opening new pubs and restaurants or similar facilities successfully
- Have worked in a similar position and high profile environment for at least four years out of the last 8
- Have the flexibility to work in an environment which is seasonal and ever changing
- Have the entrepreneurial spirit to develop the shoulder and off season offer(s)
Rathlin Island lies six miles north of Ballycastle and reached by a regular, modern ferry service. The Manor House is of historical importance locally and sits beside the harbour with fantastic views of the bay. It will be an economic driver for the Island where the RSPB Sea Bird Centre and Irish Lighthouses Trail already attract thousands of tourists annually. The Manor House opening is planned for Summer 2016. This newly refurbished fully fitted out Guest Inn has 12 bedrooms and will offer dinner, bed and breakfast.
Are you an operator with a small to medium chain of hotels and guest inns, looking to expand your portfolio to include this delightful heritage building in its unique island setting or a management couple or individual looking for a new challenge? Accommodation for the operator is included.
For further information visit www.rathlincommunity.org/page/manor-house-refurbishment-project
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rathlin Development & Community Association
The Resource Centre
An application pack and full brief will be sent out upon Expression of Interest. The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 12 noon on 4th March.