A fire has broken out in the sauna of Cliveden House, one of the UK's most prestigious country house hotels.
Two guests, who were in the spa when the blaze broke out at 9.30am, were immediately evacuated. No-one has been injured.
Five fire engines from the Buckinghamshire Fire & Rescue Service are currently at the five-red-AA-star, 39-bedroom hotel. The fire has been contained to the spa, which is located in a separate building from the main Grade I-listed, 300-year-old hotel.
Andrew Stembridge, managing director of Cliveden House, said that the fire brigade arrived very promptly. "Luckily no guests or staff have been injured. The National Trust estate, where the hotel is situated, is closed to the public until February, which is a blessing."
A 77-year lease on Cliveden House was sold for nearly £30m in 2011 to Ian and Richard Livingstone, the billionaire property developer brothers whose London & Regional company already owned Chewton Glen in Hampshire.
The house has since undergone a multi-million pound renovation, although the spa is yet to be redeveloped.