Firefighters were called to Danesfield House hotel and spa in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, yesterday after a blaze broke out in a chimney.
Fire and rescue crews from nearby High Wycombe and Beaconsfield arrived at the scene just after midday (12.15pm) on Saturday (24 October 2015).
They confirmed the use of chimney gear, a hose reel and a turntable ladder, reported the Bucks Free Press.
The extent of any damage to the property remains unclear at the time of publication.
Hotel general manager Anthony Cox said that an investigation into the cause of the fire was underway and thanked Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service, guests and staff for their help and support during the incident.
Normal service resumed later that same afternoon and the hotel said that it is now operating as usual.
Latest video from The Caterer