A Livingston businessman has bought the Regent House hotel at 3 and 5 Forth Street in Edinburgh from Jemima Scott and Paul Subido.
The 17-bedroom B&B comprises two adjoining townhouses plus a three-bedroom garden apartment that sleeps up to six guests.
It comes with an adjoining former office with planning permission for conversion into a lounge bar and restaurant.
The Georgian building housing the Regent House hotel was constructed in 1805 by architect William Burn and served as a sea captains' house during Victorian times.
It became a hotel in 1942 when the two Grant sisters bought the building next door and combined the two into a hotel and tea room.
The property was sold off a guide price of £1.75m by the Edinburgh office of Colliers Robert Barry in concert with residential specialist Rettie & Co.
By Angela Frewin