The shortlists for the Young Entrepreneur and Young Manager of the Year awards at the 2017 British Travel & Hospitality Hall of Fame have been revealed.
The awards will recognise the rising stars at a ceremony during which four leading individuals will also be inducted into the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame inductees include legendary chef Raymond Blanc.
The shortlist for the 2017 Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award:
• Sam Bruce and Alex Narracott, co-founders, Much Better Adventures
• Justin Salisbury, director and co-founder, Artist Residence
• Cassandra Stavrou and Ryan Khon, co-founders of Propercorn
• Gary Usher, chef-owner, Elite Bistros of the World
• Andrew Watson, head of global partnerships/co-founder, FLIO
The shortlist for the Young Manager of the Year: • Tom Driscoll, fathom product delivery director, Carnival UK
• Ronan Gay, digital manager, Wexas
• Katie Mapstone, product manager, Cruise.co.uk
• Adam Rowledge, general manager, Georgian House
Previous winners of the Young Entrepreneur award include Harry Hastings of Ocean Holidays and Omar Allibhoy of Tapas Revolution, while past winners of the Young Manager of the Year award include Benugo commercial director Tim Axe, Katherine Gershon and Jeannette Linfoot, both then at Thomas Cook, and Tom O'Connor of Travelzoo.
In addition to Blanc, Ben Reid, group chief executive of the Midcounties Co-operative, Pierfrancesco Vago, executive chairman of MSC Cruises, and Wendy Wu, owner of Wendy Wu Tours, will also be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
The evening will also see the presentation of the Business Achievement Award to chef-restaurateur Jason Atherton.
This year's Hall of Fame will take place at London's Dorchester hotel on Monday, 8 May.
Tickets for the event are now on sale and cost £235 per person or £2,350 for a table of 10. For ticket enquiries, contact Helen Bush at firstname.lastname@example.org, and for sponsorship enquiries please contact Mark Lewis at email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.bthhof.com.