What does this job involve?
- Helping guests and being their point of information on the hotel and its services. This includes helping guests with any special requests.
- You will be the guest's source of information on the local area. This includes travel, entertainment, restaurants, shopping and places of interest. You will also be asked to recommend places to visit and eat.
- Booking tickets and sightseeing trips are also part of this job
- Arranging airport pick-ups and other transport
- In some hotels you may be responsible for currency exchanges
- Being responsible for the supervision, training and career development of a team of staff. These include deputy concierges, baggage porters, doormen and night porters.
What skills and attributes do I need?
- An open, friendly, customer-orientated attitude
- Communication skills
- Organisation skills, including the ability to juggle lots of different tasks at once
- The ability to cope with the unexpected and the resourcefulness to carry out bizarre or seemingly impossible requests
- Knowledge of the local area
How can I get this job?
Working your way up to this role from a junior front-of-house position is common.