What does this job involve?
- Taking responsibility for the team of porters, including organising the staff rota
- Duties often overlap with those of a concierge
- Carrying luggage, storing luggage and dealing with lost property
- Arranging transport for guests
- Advising guests on directions and recommend places to visit.
- Can involve an element of security good head porter will keep aware of who is going in and out of the building. You may also be responsible for the security of room keys.
- If you are working at night, your duties may involve looking after new arrivals
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Physical fitness is a necessity as you will be regularly carrying heavy loads.
- You need to be well-presented and be friendly and helpful.
- Extensive knowledge about the area you work in is very useful.
How can I get this job?
A head porter will have a lot of experience as a porter.