Braywood House, a Grade II-listed guesthouse in the town of Huntingdon in the heart of Cambridgeshire, has changed hands.
Huntingdon is one of the fastest-growing towns in England, with easy access to the A1/M1 link road and proximity to RAF bases at Near RAF bases at Wyton, Brampton and Alconbury.
The guesthouse in St Peter's Road was built in 1828 and was once the Governor of Huntingdon's home, as well as forming part of the county gaol and house of correction.
It provides 10 bedrooms in the main building and another two in a detached lodge with a communal kitchen. Facilities include a 12-seat breakfast room, a games room that can hold seven guests, and one-bedroom owners' accommodation.
Outside, there is a front garden, a side courtyard and an elevated decking platform at first-floor level.
It's a first hotel buy for the new owners, Auberon and Suzi Hedgecoe.
The Ipswich office of Christie + Co sold the freehold off an asking price of £664,000 on behalf of Lynne Knapp, who has run the business for more than 20 years. Christie Finance provided the funding.
By Angela Frewin