The first Conrad hotel to open in Japan is on the top 10 floors of the 37-storey Tokyo Shiodome building. It has views over the Hamarikyu Gardens, Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo Bay.
- Opened: 1 July
- Owner: Conrad Hotels, owned by joint venture Hilton Hotels Corp and Hilton International Co
- Designer: GA London and Takenaka Construction
- General manager: Jan Mönkedieck
- Restaurants: Four restaurants and one bar and lounge: Gordon Ramsay at Conrad Tokyo; Cerise by Gordon Ramsay; China Blue by chef Albert Tze Wai Shing, and Kazahana, a Japanese restaurant.
- Facilities: 1,400sq m spa and fitness complex, plus 25m swimming pool. Banqueting facilities include a wedding chapel finished in white granite and mother of pearl.
- Bedrooms: 290 with city or garden themes, of which 68 are suites
- Room rate: From £266
- Address: 1-9-1 Higashi -Shinbashi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7377
- Telephone: 00 81 36388 8000
Kempinski Hotel Grand Arena, Bulgaria
The hotel is at the foot of the Pirin Mountain, and is the first five-star hotel in the ski resort. It's opposite a gondola station which takes guests to the top of the 2,600m slopes.
- Opened: 17 May
- Owner: Tzeko Minev
- Designers: Slavin Bailov and Arka Studio
- General manager: Konstantin Zeuke
- Head chef: Holger Lang
- Restaurants: Two restaurants, three lounges, and two bars. The Gallery restaurant offers themed buffets and regional cuisine, while the fine-dining Prima restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine. There's also the Cigar lounge, Bella Vista lounge, Vitamin Bar and executive club.
- Facilities: The Zalez Spa and Wellness centre, seven saunas, massage and body treatment rooms, an indoor and outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, beauty farm and solarium. There's also a ski school.
- Bedrooms: 159, including 27 suites and 110 de luxe rooms
- Room rate: From £84 for a single
- Address: Pirin Street 96, 2770 Bansko, Bulgaria
- Telephone: 00 359 7443 8888
Convento do Espinheiro Heritage Hotel & Spa, Portugal
Located in Evora, in a 15th-century convent and former residence of Portuguese kings, this hotel has now joined Starwood's Luxury Collection, which also operates in the Algarve. It mixes old and new styles, picking up on the building's traditional feel.
- Opened: 1 June
- Owner: Nuno Camacho
- Designer: João Lucas Dias
- General manager: Dinis Pires
- Head chef: Luis Batalha
- Restaurants: There are two restaurants, one which uses show cooking to serve Mediterranean cuisine and a gourmet restaurant in the former wine cellar. There are two bars, one in the kitchen once used by monks.
- Facilities: Wedding pavilion for up to 300 people, full-service spa with an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, Turkish spa, sauna, Jacuzzi and tennis court. There are six meeting rooms and a business centre.
- Bedrooms: 59, including six suites
- Room rate: From £164
- Address: Canaviais 7002-592, Evora, Portugal
- Telephone: 00 351 266 788 200
The Hilton Dublin Airport
About two miles from Dublin airport, this new hotel is designed with business travellers in mind. There's a free shuttle bus service for guests, and plenty of meeting and conference facilities. The hotel is the fifth Hilton in Ireland.
- Opened: 23 June
- Owner: PJ Walls Construction
- Area general manager: Friedrich Schaefer
- Head chef: Richie Wilson
- Restaurants: Sólás, for modern Irish cuisine, and the Hilton bar
- Facilities: Function suite caters for up to 400 people for banquets and weddings. There are nine fully serviced Hilton meeting rooms with a business centre breakout area. The LivingWell Express offers fitness facilities.
- Bedrooms: 166, including four luxury suites
- Room rate: From £75
- Address: Northern Cross, Malahide Road, Dublin 17
- Telephone: 00 353 1 866 1800
- Website: www.hilton.co.uk