Jordan's autobiography is the top abandoned book in hotel rooms
Model Jordan aka Katie Price, US president Barack Obama and comedienne Dawn French may make strange bedfellows but the trio have been found to be the top three authors abandoned in hotel rooms.
Research by budget hotel chain Travelodge has revealed the most discarded read in UK hotel rooms in 2009 is Pushed to the Limit by Katie Price. It's the 31-year-old's third autobiography in which she reveals the tough times she has had concerning, marriage, children and changing from glamour model to businesswoman.
In second place was Dreams from my Father
National comedy treasure, Dawn French has made third place with her book titled Dear Fatty, written in letter forms to her family and friends about her early years and after key events of her life.
Travelodge spokesman, Greg Dawson said: "Over 7,200 books have been left behind in our hotels over the last 12 months", Books left behind in Travelodge hotels are either returned to customers or donated to charity.
The full top ten list of books left behind in hotel rooms
- Pushed to the Limit by Jordan (Katie Price)
- Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama
- Dear Fatty by Dawn French
- The Tales of Beadle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
- Sex and the City by Candace Bushnell
- A sense of urgency by John.P.Kottler
- The Appeal by John Grisham
- At my mother's knee and her other low joints by Paul O Grady
- The Magic and the Madness by Michael Jackson
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Gordon Ramsay's book makes top 10 reads left in hotel rooms by guests >>
Travelodge survey reveals Aston Martin and Porsche keys left in bedrooms >>
Glass eye, ashes and pet cat left behind at Travelodge >>
By Hannah Taylor
E-mail your comments to Caterer News here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next hotel job here with Caterersearch.com jobs