Search
The Caterer

Klaus Kabelitz to step down as general manager at London's Berkeley hotel

04 April 2012 by
Klaus Kabelitz to step down as general manager at London's Berkeley hotel

Klaus Kabelitz is leaving London's Berkeley hotel, where he has been general manager for nine years.

Kabelitz said that it had been "an honour and a privilege" to look after the hotel - owned by the Maybourne Hotel Group - and assured guests that the staff at the property would continue to look after them "in the exquisite and innovative way that has become a hallmark for the Berkeley".

Kabelitz joined the Berkeley in 2003 from sister hotel Claridge's, where he was house manager for five years. Prior to that, he worked in London and Berlin for Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts and in various roles for Hilton Worldwide.

A replacement is yet to be appointed to the general manager role at the Berkeley.

The future ownership of the Maybourne Hotel Group is currently being fought out in a bitter case at the High Court between Sir David and Sir Frederick Barclay, who own a 64% stake in the company, and property developer Patrick McKillen, who holds the remaining 36% shares.

Ownership of the Berkeley, Connaught and Claridge's could be settled in court >>

Four new general managers to join Master Innholders >>

By Janet Harmer

E-mail your comments to Janet Harmer here.

Tabletalk
Tabletalk
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.catererandhotelkeeper.com/tabletalk

Catererandhotelkeeper.com jobs

Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Catererandhotelkeeper.com jobs

Blogs on Catererandhotelkeeper.com ](http://www.catererandhotelkeeper.com/blogs) Catch up with more news and gossip on all Caterer's blogs
[E-Newsletters](http://www.catererandhotelkeeper.com/email-newsletters.htm)[ For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our E-newsletters
TagsHotels and Careers
The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.

close

Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.