The Master Innholders has announced the appointment of six new hoteliers to the professional organisation.
Their selection followed a rigorous application process which included the submission of a 1,500-word paper, an appearance before an interview panel and demonstration of their current contribution and support to the wider industry.
Membership of the Master Innholders is available to practising hoteliers with a minimum of five years' experience as a general manager.
The new members include:
• Rafael Bejerano, director, AB Hotels
• Bernard Bloodworth, managing director, Matfen Hall, near Newcastle-upon-Tyne
• Adrian Ellis, general manager, the Lowry hotel, Manchester
• Joanne Taylor-Stagg, general manager, the Trafalgar hotel
• Michael Voigt, general manager, L'Oscar hotel, London
• Serena von der Heyde, partner, the Georgian House, London
Stuart Bowery, chairman of the Master Innholders and general manager of Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, said: "I am proud to welcome these new Master Innholders who join an association which has the prime objective of promoting the highest professional standards in hotel management. The excellent quality of submissions received this year, as well as the breadth of the industry which they represented, bodes well for the future success and influence of the Master Innholders."
Videos from The Caterer archives