The Master Innholders has welcomed a further 11 hoteliers to its group of industry leaders who meet regularly to discuss and promote standards in hotel management.
Successful hoteliers were granted Master Innholder status after submitting a 1,500-word paper and appearing in front of an interview panel. Candidates were required to demonstrate their current contribution and support to the wider hospitality industry.
Jonathan Raggett (pictured), chairman of the Master Innholders, said: "I am delighted to welcome these new members to the Master Innholders. Not only do they join an organisation committed to promoting the highest standards in hotel management, but also a friendship and support network of some of the industry's most talented."
The organisation runs the annual General Managers' Conference in London and the Master Innholder Scholarships and Aspiring Leaders Diploma education programmes.
Among some 140 current incumbents are proprietors of boutique hotels, and chief executives and managing directors of hotel groups.
These include industry luminaries such as David Morgan-Hewitt, managing director of the Goring, Claire Randall, managing director of Lucknam Park, Mark Chambers, managing director of Eden Hotel Collection, Patrick Burke, owner and managing director of the Atlantic hotel, Jersey, and Danny Pecorelli, managing director of Exclusive Hotels and Venues and 2014 Hotelier of the Year.
The new Master Innholders are:
• Gareth Banner, general manager, St. Pancras Renaissance
• Robert Cook, chief operating officer, Macdonald Hotels
• Graham Copeman, group hotels director, the Zetter Group
• Patrick Dempsey OBE, former MD, Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants
• Ross Grieve, managing director, Seaham Hall
• Michele Mella, general manager, Barnsley House hotel
• Daniel Pedreschi, general manager, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge
• Oliver Raggett, area general manager, Apex Hotels London
• Kenneth Speirs, hotel director, Lime Wood
• Julian Tomlin, general manager, Pennyhill Park hotel
• Michelle Wells, general manager, Park Plaza County Hall
Latest video from The Caterer