The property is located in the village of Aberdour on the shores of the Firth of Forth opposite Edinburgh.
Parts of the property date back to the 1700s, although the main building was built in 1873.
The building retains its central tower but its most interesting architectural feature lies in the Clipper bar to the rear. One half of the bar is constructed from the super-structure of the former Orient Liner Orontes.
The property accommodates 20 bedrooms, a 40-seat restaurant and a function room for up to 150 people.
The Edinburgh office of Christie + Co sold freehold off a guide price of £950,000 on behalf of Martin McIlrath, who was formerly the managing director of the Monument Leisure hotel group.
By Angela Frewin