The Glenmoriston Arms hotel in the village of Invermoriston near Loch Ness has changed hands.
The former 18th century coaching inn sits on the main A82 Inverness to Fort William road.
The main building, which dates back to 1740, once served as a drovers' inn while the separate Tavern is a converted cattle shed.
Along with eight bedrooms, the hotel incorporates a 21-seat lounge bar serving a line-up of 157 single malts and a 28-seat restaurant holding two AA rosettes.
The Tavern can seat another 34 customers and there are 17 more seats in the games room.
The sale included a separate two-bedroom owners' cottage.
New owners Keith and Sheila Forest started their hospitality careers at the Ravenscourt hotel in Grantown on Spey.
The Edinburgh office of Christie + Co sold the freehold off a guide price of £650,000 on behalf of Nick and Hazel Hammond.
By Angela Frewin