Hotel professionals from across the North West raised a record £38,000 for charity at the 12th annual Manchester Hoteliers Association Awards.
The awards recognised talented teams and individuals within the hospitality industry from across the region, with nine awards being handed out in front of an audience of 620 guests at the Palace hotel, Manchester.
Andrew Jones, director of operations and finance at the Lowry hotel, was presented with the Howard Raynor Lifetime Achievement Award for his long service and devotion to the industry.
Chair of Manchester Hoteliers Association (MHA), Paul Bayliss, said: "Every member of the MHA plays their part in delivering first class hospitality in our region and so it's vital we amplify each hotel and their people by recognising their contribution.
"The MHA awards simply show to our people that we recognise and appreciate all their hard work in what is a demanding working environment but lots of fun also for anyone who is people orientated and prepared to go the extra mile for each and every one of our guests."
Money raised on the night is being donated to the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, Hospitality Action and the Booth Centre.
The MHA is a non-profit organisation with a membership of almost 60 hotels and venues in the city region.
Full list of winners
- Front of House Award
- Back of House Award - James Daly, Park Inn by Radisson
- Bright Idea Award - Warrick Anderson, Hilton Manchester Airport
- Rising Star Award - Megan Fairclough, Macdonald hotel and spa
- Unsung Hero Award - Steven Hulse, Novotel Manchester
- Top Team Award - Maintenance team, the Arora
- Mentor of the Year Award - Sharon Laycock, Crown Plaza Manchester Airport
- Special Commendation - Jayne Ryder
- The Howard Raynor Lifetime Achievement Award - Andrew Jones, the Lowry hotel