One of Scotland's legendary hotels, the Old Course Hotel in St Andrews, scooped the Scottish Hotel of the Year award in a ceremony last night.
The awards, which recognise every facet of the hotel hospitality business, including design, housekeeping and management, were judged by a mixture of public vote and 22 hotel experts.
Among the main award winners were Malmaison chief executive Robert Cook, who was voted the Scottish Hotelier of the Year, and Peter Taylor's Town House Hotels, which picked up the Scottish Hotel Group of the Year award.
The Scottish Hotel 2007 winners included:
- Old Course Hotel, St Andrews - The Scottish Hotel of the Year
- Robert Cook, Malmaison Hotels - The Scottish Hotelier of the Year
- Town House Hotels - The Scottish Hotel Group of the Year
- Rufflets Country House Hotel - Country House Hotel of the Year
- Aveda Spa, Mar Hall - Scottish Hotel Spa
- Rhubarb, Presonfield - Hotel Restaurant of the Year
- Inverlochy Castle - Scottish Luxury Hotel of the Year
- Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel - Scottish Family Hotel of the Year
- Western House Hotel - Scottish Wedding Hotel of the Year (large)
- Radisson SAS - Scottish Business Hotel of the Year
- Rocpool Reserve - Scottish Boutique Hotel of the Year
- East Haugh Country House Hotel - Scottish Country Sports Hotel of the Year
- Westin Turnberry Resort - Scottish Golf Hotel of the Year
- Knockinaam Lodge - Scottish Romantic Hotel of the Year
- The Glasshouse - Scotland's Sexiest Hotel 2007
- Tigerlily - Scottish Hotel Design Award 2007
- Apex Hotels - Scottish Hotels Environmental Award 2007
- Paul Burns, Airds Hotel & Restaurant - Scottish National Hotel Chef of The Year 2007
- Hans Rissman, The Bonham - Scottish Hotel Manager of the Year 2007
By James Garner