The Independent Hotel Show has announced the shortlists for its 2016 Outstanding New Hotel and Independent Hotelier Awards.
Now in its fourth year, the Outstanding New Hotel Award recognises all independent, luxury and boutique hotels that have opened or relaunched within the last three years and have made a significant impact on the industry. Last year's award went to Hotel Gotham in Manchester.
The Independent Hotelier Award recognises individuals who make waves within the industry and a reputation for pushing boundaries. Olga Polizzi, owner of Hotel Tresanton in St Mawes, Cornwall, and Hotel Endsleigh, near Milton Abbot, Devon, carried off the accolade in 2015.
Shortlist for Outstanding New Hotel
- The Laslett, Notting Hill, London
- Penally Abbey, Tenby, Pembrokeshire
- Soho Farmhouse, Great Tew, Oxfordshire
- The Pig at Combe, near Honiton, Devon
- Padstow Townhouse, Padstow, Cornwall
- The Royal Oak, Swallowcliffe, near Salisbury, Wiltshire
Shortlist for Independent Hotelier
- Andrew Wildsmith of Forest Side, Hipping Hall and Ryebeck, Cumbria
- Ian and Christa Taylor of the Abbey hotel and Villa Magdala, Bath
- Paul Milsom of Milsom Hotels, Essex and Suffolk
- Richard Ball of Calcot Manor, Barnsley House and the Painswick, Gloucestershire, and Lord Crewe Arms, County Durham
- Kate Levin of the Capital, London
- Edmond and Charles Inkin of EatDrinkSleep (Felin FaAch Griffin, Brecon, and the Gurnard's Head and the Old Coastguard, Cornwall)
The shortlists were selected by a panel of industry experts. Voting for the awards is now live and the winners will be announced at a ceremony following the first day of the show.
This year's show will be held on 18 and 19 October 2016 at Olympia London. More details regarding the events and exhibitors at this year's Independent Hotel Show can be found by visiting www.independenthotelshow.co.uk.
Olga Polizzi and Hotel Gotham scoop top awards at Independent Hotel Show >>
Looking for a job? See all the current hotel vacancies available with The Caterer Jobs >>
Latest video from The Caterer