The shortlists for the Independent Hotel Show's 2018 Independent Hotelier of the Year and Outstanding New Hotel awards have been revealed.
Established in 2012, the annual awards celebrate hoteliers who have made a significant and game-changing impact in the industry and hotels that radiate originality and creativity.
Hospitality industry professionals are invited to vote for the winners via the show registration form. The winners will be announced on Tuesday 16 October at the Independent Hotel Show at the London Olympia.
The shortlist for Independent Hotelier of the Year includes:
• Peter Banks, managing director of Rudding Park, Harrogate
• Will Ashworth, managing director, Watergate Bay and Another Place, The Lake District
• David and Charlotte Reilly, owners, Yorebridge House, North Yorkshire
• Laurence Beere, owner, the Queensberry hotel in Bath
• Adam Rowledge, general manager, Georgian House, London
• Claire Randall, managing director, Lucknam Park, Wiltshire
The shortlist for Outstanding New Hotel includes:
• Another Place, The Lake, Ullswater, Cumbria
• Palé Hall, Bala, Gwynedd
• Artist Residence Oxfordshire
• Titanic Hotel Belfast
• The Mandrake, London
• Oddfellows on the Park, Manchester
Nominations for both categories were welcomed via the Independent Hotel Show's website with judges shortlisting six nominees for each category.
The judges included:
• Adam Raphael, editor, Good Hotel Guide
• Charlotte Evans, group publishing director, Condé Nast Johansens
• David Noble, director of hospitality and leisure, James Hallam Insurance Brokers
• Fiona Duncan, The Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph
• James Tweddle, hotel director, Sky
• Janet Harmer, associate editor, The Caterer
• Peter Hancock, chief executive, Pride of Britain Hotels
• Simon Numphud, managing director, AA Hotel & Hospitality Services
• Zoe Monk, editor, Boutique Hotelier