The So SPA by Sofitel at the Sofitel London St James has been named the best hotel spa in the UK at the Condé Nast Traveller Readers' Spa Awards 2011.
Opened in July 2009 and situated over three floors with original Grade II listed features, high ceilings and natural daylight, the Sofitel spa was specifically liked by the readers for its ambience and design.
It specialises in French uplifting and rejuvenating treatments and uses products from Cinq Mondes, Carita and Mama Mio.
So SPA by Sofitel was also named as number 22 in the World's Top 25 spas, in a list which was topped by SPA at La Mamounia in Marrakech, Morocco.
Top Ten Hotel Spas in the UK 1. So SPA by Sofitel, Sofitel London St James, London
2. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London, Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
3. The Dorchester Spa, The Dorchester, London
4. The Spa by ESPA, Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire
5. The Spa, Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire
6. Utopia Spa, Alexander House Hotel, West Sussex
7. Sequoia, The Grove, Hertfordshire
8. C.Side, Cowley Manor, Cheltenham
9. The Spa, Chewton Glen, Hampshire
10. The Bath House, The Royal Crescent Hotel, Bath
By Janet Harmer
E-mail your comments to Janet Harmer here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com jobs