Nearly 40 people have been struck down by a suspected outbreak of the norovirus bug at the five-star, 319-bedroom Hilton Glasgow hotel.
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) said that 24 guests and 14 members of staff had suffered vomiting and diarrhoea, which is believed to have been caused by the bug.
Two guests were admitted to Gartnavel General Hospital on Sunday and are said to be responding well to treatment.
Seven guests with symptoms, who did not need hospital treatment, were asked to stay in their rooms at the hotel in a bid to prevent the illness from spreading. The other 15 guests who had symptoms are now well and have left the hotel. All the staff with symptoms have been told to stay at home until they felt better.
A spokesperson for Hilton Worldwide said: "In response to the suspected viral infection, Hilton Glasgow is following its own strict health and safety procedures, as well as working closely with the local health and environmental officials, and is providing all possible assistance to the hotel's guests and team members.
"If any guests have any questions regarding their future stay they should contact the hotel team on 0141 204 5555."
The hotel has remained open, apart from the swimming pool, which is undergoing extra sanitisation, and is due to reopen later today.
NHSGGC has begun an investigation into the outbreak of the bug.
By Janet Harmer
E-mail your comments to Janet Harmer here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com jobs