The presentation of the Jean Webb award for quality, customer care and pride to Suzanne Harris of the Best Western Sudbury House hotel created the most poignant moment of the 2010 Best Western Hotel of the Year awards.
Created in memory of Jean Webb, fellow Best Western hotelier and the late wife of Michael Webb, whose Webb Hotels owns Moor Hall in Sutton Coldfield and three other Best Western properties, the award was given to Harris following the explicit praise heaped on her by the customers of Sudbury House, which is situated between Oxford and Swindon.
Harris was one of seven award winners at the presentation dinner at the Celtic Manor Resort, Newport, held following the 280-strong hotel group's annual members' conference.
Director of Best Western UK, Keith Pope, said he was delighted for the winners. "Each in their own way embodies the true qualities and vision of the Best Western brand. They have their own individual personality and character, but their truly outstanding standards of quality and service are universally appreciated by customers and fellow hoteliers alike."
The winners of the 2010 Best Western Hotel of the Year awards were:
- Small hotel of the year (up to 40 rooms)
- Medium-size hotel of the year (40-69 bedrooms) - Best Western Aberavon Beach Hotel, Swansea Bay
- Large hotel of the year (more than 70 bedrooms) - Best Western Keavil House Hotel, Dunfermline
- Customer care - Best Western Garfield House Hotel, Glasgow
- Most improved customer service - Best Western Glendower Promenade Hotel, St Annes-on-Sea, Lancashire
- Best venue - Best Western Premier Blunsdon House Hotel, Swindon
- Jean Webb award for quality, customer care and pride in the Best Western brand - Suzanne Harris, Best Western Sudbury House Hotel
Best Western remains world's biggest hotel brand >> By Janet Harmer
E-mail your comments to Janet Harmer here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next hotel job here with Caterersearch.com jobs