The Cavendish hotel in London has been crowned the Considerate Hotelier of the Year.
The awards, run by the Considerate Hoteliers Association, recognise hotels which are leading the way in energy, waste and water management and sustainable food sourcing.
The Cavendish best demonstrated the steps it has made in three or more of the challenges, entering all four challenges, being highly commended in the waste challenge and achieving excellent results in other categories.
The other category winners in the awards, presented on Monday afternoon at the Master Innholders' General Managers' conference at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, were:
- Waste Management: Radisson SAS Edinburgh
- Water Management: Deans Place Hotel, Alfriston
- Energy Management: Best Western Premier Yew Lodge Hotel, Kegworth
Promoting Sustainable Food
- Rural winner: Lasswade Country House Hotel, Llanwrtyd Wells
- Metropolitan winner: Apex International Hotel Edinburgh
By Daniel Thomas
E-mail your comments to Daniel Thomas here.