The Independent Hotel Show, presented by James Hallam Hospitality & Leisure, has launched its programme of seminars.
Featuring talks from hoteliers, journalists and industry thought leaders, the 30 sessions are designed to help independent hoteliers shape and steer their business, tap into new trends and initiatives, and learn first-hand from some of the biggest names in the business.
Tailored to the needs of the independent and boutique hotelier, all the sessions cover a diverse mix of insight and advice to help build and grow a successful hotel business, from marketing and sales support, business, investment and growth insight, design and technology trends, to staff and service best practice.
The programme includes:
DAY ONE • Hotel industry consultant Melvin Gold will present his essential insights for the sector going forward including 2017 trends, developments and industry headlines at the Zeitgeist Talk
• Show me the Money, in association with James Hallam Hospitality & Leisure, sees Alex Clarke from the George in Rye; Nicholas Dickinson from Congham Hall; and principal and founder of Hetherley Capital Partners Charles Scudamore speaking on their experiences of the options to secure finance to the next-generation financing models set to emerge
• Thoroughly Modern Marketing will examine the latest marketing buzzwords ‘ethics', ‘purpose' and ‘personality', with Penny Brewer, director of marketing for South Place Hotel; Olivia Johnson, group public relations manager at Claridges, the Connaught and the Berkeley; and Hannah Béraud, director of Hannah Béraud Digital Communications
• Staring at the Stars confronts the ongoing topic of whether the current star rating system should be consigned to the past. Alistair Sandall of the AA; Robert Nadler of Nadler Hotels; PJ Kenny, general manager of the Hoxton Holborn; and hotels editor of The Caterer Janet Harmer discuss
• Creating the Ultimate Workplace is chaired by Boutique Hotelier's editor Zoe Monk. Panellists include Erik Fjellborg, founder and CEO of Quinyx; Philip Turner, founder and managing director of Chestnut Group; and Harry Cragoe, owner of the Gallivant
• The Future Guest distils the evolving needs and priorities of tomorrow's consumer, hosted by Dr Antonia Ward, global head of advisory at Stylus
•OTAs - The best of frenemies is discussed by Steve Lowy, MD and co-founder of Umi Digital; Simon Bennett, owner of Augill Castle; Dori Stein, CEO of Fornova; Jonathan Raggett, managing director of Red Carnation Hotels; and Serena von der Heyde, owner of the Georgian House Hotel
•Hotels for locals - how to tap into your local customers. Speakers include: Tom Bell, editor of Alastair Sawday's British Hotels & Inns; David Timmis, managing director of Aubrey Park hotel; Will Ashworth, managing director of Watergate Bay; and Justin Salisbury, co-founder of Artist Residence
•Learn how to win at content marketing, from Richard Fraiman, CEO of the Good Hotel Guide; David Petitt, group marketing manager of Elite Hotels; and Petra Clayton, managing director of Custard Communications
•Finding sanctuary: How to set up a spa with Brian Hunter, director of BHSL Concepts; Jill Russell, spa director of Ramside Hotel & Spa; Mark Chambers, managing director of Eden Hotel Collection; and Mark Boler, CEO of the Mere
•Clean Bill of Health: Spas and business, led by Helen Merchant, director of Helen Merchant International Spa Consultants, aims to provide expert insight into how to make your spa profitable. Further speakers include Lina Lotto, spa director of SenSpa at Careys Manor, and Simon Kerr, chief marketing officer of Yoo Hotels
Additional seminars address topics such as branding, best online practices, creating a destination food or beverage offering and creative thinking for new revenue. For the full seminar programme listing, please see here [http://www.independenthotelshow.co.uk/2016-seminar-programme].
This year's show takes place on 18 and 19 October 2016 at Olympia London. More information on the show and the exhibitors can be found at www.independenthotelshow.co.uk.
Shortlist announced for the Independent Hotel Show's 2016 awards >>
Latest video from The Caterer
Are you looking for a new role? See all the current hospitality vacancies available with The Caterer Jobs >>