Thistle puts seven hotels on the market
Thistle Hotels has put seven of its properties on the market for as much as £200m.
The hotel group has appointed investment bank UBS to handle the sale of six properties in London and one in Edinburgh, which have 1,324 bedrooms between them.
Property investment firms are thought to be the most likely potential buyers, and Thistle will retain the management contracts for the hotels.
The properties in question are:
- Thistle Edinburgh (143 bedrooms)
- Bloomsbury Park (95 bedrooms)
- Thistle City Barbican (463 bedrooms)
- Thistle Euston (362 bedrooms)
- Thistle Hyde Park (54 bedrooms)
- Thistle Piccadilly (91 bedrooms)
- Thistle Trafalgar Square (116 bedrooms)
Some of the proceeds from the sale could be used to expand the Thistle chain.
Buy this week's Caterer magazine for more industry news and analysis