The Daisy Green Collection has opened its latest site, Barbie Green, in the City of London near Barbican, serving Australian bottomless brunch, coffee and a new pizza menu. On the new pizza menu are: the ‘hot sausage', with spicy chorizo, nduja and lacto-fermented jalapeño hot sauce; ‘the Aussie', with house-cured leg ham, barbecue pineapple, Clarence Court egg and pink pickled onions; the vegan ‘dirty cauli', with sticky cauliflower, crispy tofu, sweet and smoky barbecue sauce and ranch dressing; and a guest special that changes daily. The all-day offering includes the collection's signature bottomless brunch, as well as new sharing plates. Adorned with four huge artworks by Bonnie and Clyde, the interiors also feature colourful works by artists Grazie, Shuby and Paul Robinson.
- Opened 17 December
- Covers 40
- Founder Prue Freeman
- Typical dishes Korean cauliflower ‘wings', sweet and sticky sauce, sesame, ginger; halloumi fries, pomegranate-mint yogurt; tandoori-roasted salmon, sweet and spicy crispy rice salad
Japanese street food brand Mio Yatai has opened its first site, in London's Broadway Market in Hackney. The menu is divided into six sections: starters; salads; usuzukuri, tartar and tataki; josper; ramen, soba and udon; and desserts.
- Covers 46
- Founder Ihsan Tuncay
- Typical dishes Caramelised Wagyu ribeye, Japanese wild mushroom; soft shell crab tempura, mango; miso turbot, rice noodles
The Italian Job Hackney
Italian craft beer pub and pizza brand the Italian Job has opened its fourth site, in London's Hackney. The craft beer offering, from Italian microbreweries, changes weekly.
- Founders Giovanni Campari, Manuel Piccolli, Marco Pucciotti and Giuseppe Verdoni
- Typical dishes Naples pizza (anchovies, capers, black olives); Parmigiana pizza (aubergine, smoked mozzarella, salted ricotta); Di Bronte pizza (buffalo ricotta, mortadella, pistachio)
InterContinental Hotels Group's (IHG) ninth Vocobranded hotel has opened in Reading. As with all Voco hotels, bedding is made from recycled materials and aerated shower heads have been installed to reduce water usage. The property features a restaurant, lobby bar, swimming pool and jacuzzi, gym and meeting rooms.
- Bedrooms 201
- General manager Martin van Kan
- Starting room rate £99
The Coconut Tree
Sri Lankan street food restaurant group the Coconut Tree has opened its sixth restaurant, in Bournemouth. The brand was originally founded by five Sri Lankan friends: head chefs Praveen Thanginah, Dan Fernando and Shamil Fernando, with finance overseen by Mithra Fernando and operations by Rodrigo Rashinthe.
- Typical dishes Battered spicy cuttlefish; hoppers; cheesy Colombo; Jaffna goat curry with potato
You need to create an account to read this article. It's free and only requires a few basic details.
Already subscribed? Log In