A 32-year-old man sustained serious burns and was airlifted to hospital yesterday following a kitchen fire at the Balcony Bar and Kitchen in St Ives, Cornwall.
The man's injuries are not believed life-threatening and the fire is not being treated as suspicious.
Reported at 3.20pm yesterday, services responded to reports of a fire at a commercial premises on Wharf Road. On arrival an industrial fryer unit was discovered. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
Police and the ambulance service were also in attendance.