Honey & Co, Cavita and Kenny Atkinson's Solstice added to Michelin Guide
Michelin's latest monthly update has revealed a further 25 restaurants will be included in its 2023 Great Britain and Ireland Guide.
The December announcement saw several London additions, including the rehomed Honey & Co, now in Bloomsbury, Adriana Cavita's Mexican restaurant in Marylebone, and culinary institute Le Cordon Bleu's City restaurant Cord.
Three Newcastle additions were announced: Kenny Atkinson's Solstice, Nest and Rebel; as well as the Sorting room, one of the restaurants to have opened at Cardiff's Parkgate hotel last year.
Further additions included Forde in Horsforth, West Yorkshire, overseen by Matt Healy, a finalist in the 2016 MasterChef: The Professionals competition; the Fox in Lower Oddington, Gloucestershire, owned by Lady Bamford of Daylesford fame; Grantley Hall's EightyEight restaurant in Ripon, North Yorkshire; and the Star Inn in Sparsholt, Oxfordshire, sister site to the Woodspeen.
Since summer 2021, Michelin has been unveiling new additions to its listings every month. The restaurants appear as recommended on its website and apps highlighted with a ‘new' symbol.
It will not be confirmed if any of the restaurants will also receive a star, Bib Gourmand or Green Star sustainability award until a ceremony next year.
The full list of new additions is as follows:
- Chef's Table, Bristol
- The Silver Cup, Harpenden, Hertfordshire
- Forde, Horsforth, West Yorkshire
- Honey & Co, Bloomsbury – London
- Cord, City of London – London
- Planque, Dalston – London
- Amethyst, Mayfair – London
- Cavita, Regent's Park and Marylebone – London
- Ochre, St James's – London
- The Fox, Lower Oddington, Gloucestershire
- La Popote, Marton, Cheshire
- Nest, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Solstice by Kenny Atkinson, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Rebel, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- White Bull, Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire
- EightyEight, Ripon, North Yorkshire
- The Star Inn, Sparsholt, Oxfordshire
- Little Seeds, Stone, Staffordshire
- Quince, Westgate-on-Sea, Kent
- White Hart Inn, West Mersea, Essex
- The Rose Inn, Wickhambreaux, Kent
- The Old Bank, Dungarvan, County Waterford
- Garden Café, Nairn
- Sheeps and Leeks, Caernarfon, Gwynedd
- Sorting Room, Cardiff