Paul and Emma Ainsworth have relaunched Rojano's in the Square as Caffè Rojano by Paul Ainsworth, following their purchase of the freehold to the site after nine years of operating it leasehold.
The restaurant has relaunched with a new look and menu, focused on New York's café culture and Italian food scene. The interior is based on 1920s art deco with a modern twist.
The menu offers sourdough pizzas, homemade pasta dishes, hearty bistro classics, gourmet sandwiches and seasonal small plates that mix Mediterranean techniques with Cornish produce.
There is also a new wine list curated by Paul Ainsworth Group sommelier Elly Owen and a menu of signature cocktails designed by Liam Evans, bar manager at Paul Ainsworth at No 6.
- Reopened 10 February
- Owners Paul and Emma Ainsworth
- Design Emma Ainsworth and Eve Cullen-Cornes
- Typical dishes Ox cheek ragù, St Ewe egg, tagliatelle, green soft herb dressing, pangrattato; Padstow crab squid ink bucatini, chilli, garlic, confit tomato, Katsuobushi
US-based restaurant group Saffron Valley has opened its first UK site in Swiss Cottage, London, a craft Indian kitchen highlighting the subcontinent's culinary diversity. The site offers halal meat and a range of vegan and vegetarian dishes.
- Covers 50
- Executive chef Santosh Shah
- Typical dishes Saffron paneer; Calcutta fish curry; Punjabi samosa chaat; Chettinad chicken curry
Macknade Elwick Place
Elwick Place is an all-day dining concept in Ashford, Kent, operated by Macknade, a family-run business that also operates Faversham Food Hall. The dishes reflect the owners' Kentish and Mediterranean roots.
There are individual and communal dining tables and a deli selling local produce.
- Typical dishes Scrambled eggs with crispy Serrano ham; salads; home-baked cakes; cheese and charcuterie boards
Henrick's bar in Edinburgh has been relaunched by the former managing director and head of marketing of the Bourne & Hollingsworth Group. The bar offers cocktails, spirits, Scotch whiskies and wines, while the food menu combines classic brasserie fare with traditional Scottish favourites.
- Operators Jamie Forbes and Andria Stirling
- Typical drink ‘Smoked heather dram': whisky, orange liqueur, sweet vermouth, apple juice
The 14 bedrooms at the Methuen Arms, a pub, restaurant and hotel within a Georgian inn, have been redesigned and now feature Roberts Radios, rainfall showers and Bramley toiletries, while luxury rooms have freestanding baths and views over Corsham.
- Bedrooms 19
- General manager and head chef Leigh Evans
- Designer Concorde BGW
- Starting room rate £145
Dormy House in the Cotswolds has launched its 980 sq ft luxury suite, the Studio. The Scandinavian-inspired design incoporates a neutral colour palette, plants and natural materials such as wicker and sheepskin. The suite has its own turntable, curated vinyl collection and bathroom with double rainfall showers and freestanding Burlington bath.
- Designer Nette Reynolds
- Starting room rate £625
Ramada by Wyndham Belfast
The final phase of a £450,000 refurbishment of the Ramada by Wyndham Belfast is complete, following its rebrand from Ramada Encore. Fifteen executive rooms have been added to the 150 newly revamped standard rooms.
- Operator RBH
- Bedrooms 165
- General manager Marc McCrae
You need to create an account to read this article. It's free and only requires a few basic details.
Already subscribed? Log In