Steven Edwards at Bingham Riverhouse
Chef-restaurateur Steven Edwards has taken over the restaurant at the Bingham Riverhouse in London’s Richmond.
The venue relaunched as the Bingham Riverhouse last year, following a full refurbishment, having previously been called the Bingham.
Former head chef Andrew Cole left the restaurant earlier this year and Edwards has redesigned the menu focusing on seasonal British food, while also continuing to run his restaurant Etch, in Hove, which opened in March 2017.
- Reopened 5 March
- Covers 70
- Owner Samantha Trinder
- Executive chef Steven Edwards
- Typical dish Pig’s cheek with a black pudding terrine, smoked celeriac, lovage; mushroom risotto, winter truffles, sea herbs
The Old Coastguard
After seven months of renovations following a fire in June last year, the Old Coastguard restaurant in the fishing village of Mousehole, Cornwall, has reopened, with its 14 bedrooms set to reopen on 24 March.
- Owner EatDrinkSleep
- General manager Louis Vanhinsbergh
- Design Coralie Rogers of Room in Hay
- Head chef Jamie Porter
- Bedrooms 14
The luxury dessert brand, which has more than 20 stores across the UK, is set to open its first London outlet in Stratford in a site that is almost 1,500 sq ft. The offering specialises in crêpes, pancakes, milkshakes and mojitos.
- Director Mohammed Imran
- Covers 70
- Typical dish ‘I’ll have what he’s having’: American waffle with strawberries, Caribbean coconut gelato and white Belgian chocolate sauce
Windjammer, on London’s Royal Wharf, has a split-level interior with a bar and dining area below a mezzanine floor and an outdoor decked area. The decor reflects its position on the Thames, with several nautical-inspired touches, such as porthole mirrors and navy blue accents.
- Operator Fuller’s
- General manager Hannah Joseph
- Typical dishes Haddock and chips; spiced green lentil curry, with cauliflower and spinach
Chef-restaurateur Michael Caines has relaunched a restaurant on the shoreline of Maenporth Beach, Cornwall. Offering locally sourced produce and seasonal ingredients, the à la carte menu showcases beachside fare alongside a six-course tasting menu.
- Proprietor Michael Caines
- Typical dishes Pan-roasted curried monkfish, mussels, saffron, grain mustard, tarragon sauce; galantine of quail, raisin vinaigrette, hazelnut mayo
Wildflower, the debut London restaurant from Irish chef Adrian Martin, offers fine dining inside a shipping container in Camden’s new eco market. On offer is an eight-course tasting menu, with every dish championing a foraged ingredient.
- Chef-founder Adrian Martin
- Covers 30
- Typical dish Deep-fried oysters, sea truffle, harissa; braised cheek of Irish beef, wild mushrooms, red wine jus
Courtyard by Marriott Inverness Airport
Situated within Inverness Airport Business Park, the lobby at the Courtyard by Marriott Inverness Airport has flight arrival and departure boards and flexible working spaces. There is a fitness centre and a bar and bistro.
- Owner Molo Hotels
- Operator RBH
- General manager Ina Davies
- Bedrooms 120
You need to create an account to read this article. It's free and only requires a few basic details.
Already subscribed? Log In