A laid-back social "space" featuring jazz, poetry, cocktails and beer, this City bar and performance area is a world away from other nearby watering holes. There are weekend DJ sets and live performances showcasing young musicians from the Barbican Centre and the Guildhall School of Music. Four lounge areas at upper levels lead to a series of interlinked bars.
- Opened: 1 July
- General manager: Ben Abrahams
- Head chef: Allie Warburton
- Capacity: 300
- Food: Aiming to combine Wall Street cuisine with Square Mile flavours, dishes include warm salt beef on rye, and soft-shell crab with coriander salad and lime. Signature cocktails, such as the Cuban Master and London Jazz, have been created by Abrahams.
- Prices: starters £5, mains from £8.50
- Address: 47 Chiswell Street, London EC1Y 4SB
- Telephone: 020 7256 5883
- See a map of Parker McMillian here