Search
The Caterer

Blaze breaks out at Teddington restaurant

12 September 2016 by
Blaze breaks out at Teddington restaurant

London fire crews were called to a fire at a restaurant in Teddington yesterday (11 September).

Brigades were called to the High Street venue, believed to be Prem Indian restaurant according to social media reports, at 3.38pm.

Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers from Twickenham, Kingston, Heston and Surbiton fire stations attended the scene.

Four people left the property above the restaurant before the arrival of the brigade.

The fire was under control at 4.50pm. The ducting from the ground to first floor was completely damaged by fire, and parts of the ground floor and first floor were also damaged in the blaze. There were no reports of any injuries.

London Fire Brigade said the fire is believed to have been caused by cooking left unattended.

Photo by Mike Flower @mike_flower

Holiday Inn Express at Glasgow Airport evacuated after gas leak >>

Owners devastated by fire at Hickory's Smokehouse in Wall Heath >>

Blaze at east London hotel >>

Latest video from The Caterer

Are you looking for a new role? See all the current hospitality vacancies available with The Caterer Jobs >>

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!