A restaurant in Christchurch, Dorset, intends to open today after being severely damaged by a kitchen fire yesterday.
Some 40 fire-fighters tackled the blaze at the Boathouse restaurant, which is believed to have been caused accidentally following a "build-up of combustibles in an extraction unit", according to Dorset Fire & Rescue.
The fire broke out during lunch service. All staff and diners were evacuated and nobody is believed to have been injured.
On its Facebook page, the restaurant thanked the fire services for saving the building. "We've got some work to do, but the restaurant and bar is fine! We'll be open for coffees and drinks and may get the kitchen up and running for lunch."
Located overlooking the quay at Christchurch, the Boathouse specialises in seafood and pizzas from a clay oven.