Callooh Callay, London
This new bar in Shoreditch, east London, is inspired by Lewis Carroll's nonsensical poem Jabberwocky. It offers an extensive list of signature cocktails created by in-house mixologist Sean Ware.
- Opened: late December
- Owners: Richard Wynne and Kate Crutchley
- Manager: Richard Wynne
- Head chef: Marco Schnepf
- Designer: Dtwo Design
- Capacity: 200
- Food includes: pan-fried trout with pickled pumpkin and beetroot glazed duck liver with red cabbage salt beef with lentils, pickles and mustard sauce and slow-braised pork belly with creamy mash and apple sauce.
- Prices: Dishes start at £4
- Address: Unit 2, Rivington Street, London EC2A 3AY
- Telephone: 020 7739 4781
- Website: www.calloohcallaybar.com