Celebrity chefs continue to dominate the UK's dining scene, according to the latest edition of The Good Food Guide, which lists Heston Blumenthal, Gordon Ramsay and Raymond Blanc's restaurants as the top three in the country.
The Good Food Guide, which this year celebrates its 60th anniversary, has named Blumenthal's three-Michelin-starred Fat Duck in Bray, Berkshire, as the top UK restaurant for the third year running, awarding it the top score of 10/10.
Ramsay's three-Michelin-starred flagship restaurant, Royal Hospital Road in London, came in second place, scoring 9/10, with Blanc's Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons in Oxfordshire in third place with a score of 8/10.
The remainder of the Top 10 UK restaurants is dominated by establishments outside the capital including Simon Rogan's L'Enclume in Cartmel, Cumbria; Restaurant Nathan Outlaw in Rock, Cornwall; and Restaurant Sat Bains in Nottingham.
"Heston Blumenthal and Gordon Ramsay continue to delight us with their stuff of genius, world class style and truly memorable dining experiences," comments Elizabeth Carter, consultant editor at the Good Food Guide.
"But we've seen significant changes in the UK restaurant scene over the last year. A crop of talent has sprung up all over the country, pushing London restaurants out of the top spots with their culinary delights."
The Good Food Guide 2011 will be published on 8 September, priced at £16.99.
The Good Food Guide today released its Top 10 restaurants but industry blogger Chef Hermes got access to the full list of all 60 restaurants.
The Good Food Guide 2011 Top 60 restaurants:
- The Fat Duck, Bray, Berkshire (10)
- Gordon Ramsay, Royal Hospital Road, London (9)
- Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons,Great Milton, Oxfordshire (8)
- L'Enclume, Cartmel, Cumbria (8)
- Restaurant Nathan Outlaw,Rock, Cornwall (8)
- Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire (8)
- Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley, London (8)
- Le Champignon Sauvage, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire (8)
- Pied-à-Terre, London (8)
- The Square, London (8)
- Hibiscus, London (8)
- Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester, London (8)
- Adam Simmonds at Danesfield House, Marlow, Buckinghamshire (8)
- Whatley Manor, Easton Grey, Wiltshire (8)
- Le Gavroche, London (8)
- Tom Aikens, London (8)
- Restaurant Martin Wishart, Edinburgh, Scotland (8)
- The Waterside Inn, Bray,Berkshire (7)
- Bohemia, St Helier, Jersey (7)
- Fraiche, Oxton, Merseyside (7)
- L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon, London (7)
- Murano, London (7)
- Anthony's Restaurant, Leeds, Yorkshire (7)
- Fischer's Baslow Hall, Baslow, Derbyshire (7)
- Gidleigh Park, Chagford, Devon (7)
- Robert Thompson at the Hambrough, Ventnor, Isle of Wight (7)
- Midsummer House, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (7)
- Tyddyn Llan, Llandrillo, Wales (7)
- The Ledbury, London (7)
- The Crown at Whitebrook, Whitebrook, Wales (7)
- The Pass, Lower Beeding, West Sussex (7)
- Mr Underhill's, Ludlow, Shropshire (7)
- Michael Wignall at the Latymer, Bagshot, Surrey (7)
- Hambleton Hall, Hambleton, Leicestershire & Rutland (7)
- Andrew Fairlie at Gleneagles, Auchterarder, Scotland (7)
- Simon Radley at the Chester Grosvenor, Chester, Cheshire (7)
- The Creel, St Margaret's Hope, Scotland (7)
- Harry's Place, Great Gonerby, Lincolnshire (7)
- The Old Vicarage, Ridgeway, Derbyshire (7)
- The Greenhouse, London (6)
- The Kitchin, Edinburgh, Scotland (6)
- Purnell's, Birmingham, West Midlands (6)
- Artichoke, Amersham, Buckinghamshire (6)
- The Sportsman, Whitstable, Kent (6)
- Club Gascon, London (6)
- Ramsons, Ramsbottom, Greater Manchester (6)
- The Yorke Arms, Ramsgill, Yorkshire (6)
- La Bécasse, Ludlow, Shropshire (6)
- The Hand & Flowers, Marlow, Buckinghamshire (6)
- Galvin at Windows, London (6)
- Chez Bruce, London (6)
- Northcote, Langho, Lancashire (6)
- Read's, Faversham, Kent (6)
- The Cellar, Anstruther, Scotland (6)
- Arbutus, London (6)
- Zafferano, London (6)
- The Peat Inn, Peat Inn, Scotland (6)
- The Capital, London (6)
- Seven Park Place, London (6)
- Alimentum, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (6)
By Kerstin Kühn
E-mail your comments to Kerstin Kühn here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here](http://www.caterersearch.com/jobs/default.aspx) with Caterersearch.com jobs