Chef in critical condition after drinking oven cleaner

24 June 2014 by
Chef in critical condition after drinking oven cleaner

A Belfast chef has been rushed to hospital after drinking oven cleaner from a bottle he thought contained water.

According to the Belfast Telegraph Sean Slade, who worked at Goodfellas pizzeria, picked up a branded drink bottle he thought contained water.

After drinking the oven cleaner he was rushed to the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast where he was reported to be in a critical condition.

West Belfast MP Paul Maskey told the Belfast Telegraph that it was a tragic accident.

He said: "My thoughts and sympathy are with this individual and I hope he makes a full recovery from it.

"I'm sure his work colleagues, family, friends and anyone else who knows him from the west Belfast area will be shocked at this."

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.

close

Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking