An inquest into the death of 18-year-old Shahida Shahid from Worsley, Salford, who suffered a severe allergic reaction after eating a chicken burger, has returned a conclusion of "misadventure".
Shahid who had allergies to dairy, nuts and shellfish, died after eating a chicken burger, which had been marinated in buttermilk, at Almost Famous in Manchester on 9 January 2015.
After the meal Shahid suffered an allergic reaction and died three days later in hospital.
The jury at the inquest, held at Manchester Coroner's Court, gave a conclusion of "misadventure". It also found that a "lack of communication" between a barman and chef at the restaurant contributed to the student's death by "leading Shahida to believe she could safely eat the meal".
Videos from The Caterer archives