Frankie & Benny said "human error" was to blame for an alcoholic cocktail being served to a four-year-old girl who became drunk at the brand's Warrington restaurant.
Evelyn Thomas and her father Mark were eating at the restaurant in Burtonwood on 20 December when she was mistakenly given a F&B On The Beach, a cocktail containing vodka and schnapps.
According to Mark, she had drunk over a third of the cocktail before a waitress alerted them.
Mark told the Daily Mail: "The waitress came over and was really worried, she looked like she was about to cry. I didn't really know how to react but I acted kindly towards the waitress and told her not to worry and that we would keep an eye on Evelyn.
"We kept asking her if she was okay and if she needed anything but she said she was fine. Then she stood up in the booth and just started dancing. I wanted to see if she could walk but she was swaying, she also walked into a post. I led her into the toilets [but] she started to look in the mirror, laughing at herself and telling jokes."
After calling NHS 111, Mark took Evelyn to the hospital where he was told she was just "tipsy" but would suffer a hangover in the morning.
Frankie & Benny's offered the family a free meal voucher and issued an apology.
A spokesperson for the restaurant chain said: "We sincerely apologise for this unfortunate incident and any distress caused. Our staff acted quickly as soon as they became aware of the situation.
"This was genuine human error and we will do our utmost to ensure this does not happen again."
Videos from The Caterer archives