French-style restaurant Villandry is to open its third site this autumn, near London's Waterloo Place, just off from St James's Street.
Owned and managed by Village du Pain founder Philippe Le Roux, the 170-cover venue will sit in a converted 1913 Edwardian baroque building, and include a ground floor dining space, a bar and two private dining rooms.
Similar to all Villandry sites, this new restaurant will take traditional French Grand Cafés as its guide, and mix high-end dining with a more casual, all-day offer.
Using seasonal and locally-sourced ingredients, the French-Mediterranean-inspired menu will include sea bass with artichoke, broad beans, olives and sun-dried tomato; 28-day aged steak fillet with Béarnaise sauce, and dressed Devonshire crab salad. #
Having opened its first Great Portland Street site as a simple food shop in 1990, the site has since grown into a restaurant and café, including a delicatessen, cakes, tarts and weekend brunch. There is also a site at retail outlet Bicester Village.
The new St James's venue will be the first of several Villandry shops planned for central London.