Daniele Quattromini, manager at Club Lounge 39 in Canary Wharf, is set to receive a year of expert mentoring following his success in the Gold Service Scholarship 2015.
He was named the winner of this year's award during a gala presentation at London's Claridge's hotel.
Among his collection of prizes, Quattromini, 25, will have the opportunity to work with the Royal Household at a state banquet, spend a work with Mandarin Oriental Hotels Group at one of their European hotels, receive mentoring from Diego Masciaga at the Waterside Inn and Silvano Giraldin at Le Gavroche, and visit the vineyards of Champagne and Bordeaux.
He graduated in hospitality management from Bournemouth University in 2013, having undertaken work experience stints at Chewton Glen and Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons.
Quattromini, who competed against seven other finalists during a lunch service at the Connaught hotel, London, said it was "an honour" to be selected as the 2015 Scholar. "The next year will be an incredible experience and I feel so fortunate and privileged to know that I will be working alongside industry greats in so many revered venues and establishments," he said.
"I hope over the next year my own work and experiences will inspire other young people to pursue a career in this dynamic and rewarding industry and better understand the huge breadth of opportunities available to them within it."
As the third winner of the Gold Service Scholarship, Quattromini follows in the footsteps of Rebecca Dibben the inaugural winner in 2013 and now general manager of the Forest Inn, near Bournemouth,, and last year's winner, James Fleming, now guest relations executive, Berkeley hotel, London.
The full list of finalists in the 2015 Gold Service Scholarship was:
- Daniele Quattromini - Club Lounge 39, Canary Wharf, London
- James O'Keeffe - Lainston House Hotel, Winchester, Hampshire
- LukÁ¡Å¡ Andr - the Seafood Restaurant, Padstow, Cornwall
- Karen Weisheit - Cliveden House Hotel, Taplow, Buckinghamshire
- Matthew Balman - Buckingham Palace, London
- Ronald Rosario - the Capital hotel, London
- Nicholas Winfield - Le Manoir aux Quat Saisons, Great Milton, Oxfordshire
- George Oates - Buckingham Palace, London