An employee of London-based coffee machine accessory firm Gorilla Tampers has been named the UK's top barista.
John Gordon won the final of the UK Barista Championship held at Hotelympia last week, beating 19 other finalists.
Gordon will now go on to represent the UK at the World Barista Championships against 60 other countries in London this June.
He was a finalist in last year's UK Barista Championship, as well as being a finalist in last year's World Latte Art Championship in Cologne.
The top six finalists were:
- John Gordon, Gorilla Tampers, London
- Dale Harris, First Choice Coffee, London
- Neil Le Bihan, Exchange Coffee, London
- Trevor Hyam, The Plan Café, Caerphilly
- James Phillips, Dose Espresso, London
- Simone Guerini-Rocco, Peros, High Wycombe
By Neil Gerrard
E-mail your comments to Neil Gerrard here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next restaurant job here with Caterersearch.com jobs