This new steakhouse and cocktail bar is named after the master 18th-century architect Nicholas Hawksmoor designer of Christ Church, Spitalfields, just down the road. It's brought to you by Will Beckett and Huw Gott, owners of the Redchurch and Green and Red bars in Shoreditch.
- Opened: 21 June
- Owners: Will Beckett and Huw Gott
- General manager: Nick Strangeway
- Food: American style cuts of well-sourced meat, including rare breeds. Look out for goose skirt, bone-in sirloin, porterhouse steaks, veal and pork chops, and whole bass cooked on a charcoal grill. Full menu available from next month. Desserts include ice-cream sundaes.
- Prices: £20-£25 a head, excluding drinks. Cocktails from £6.50
- Address: 157 Commercial Street, London E1 6BJ
- Telephone: 020 7247 7392
- See a map of Hawksmoor, London here