A London Marylebone pub with Scandinavian heritage is to reopen as a new restaurant, the Harcourt, on 1 April.
The 65-cover, 900 sq ft dining room is on the site of former pub the Harcourt Arms, which opened in 1826 and was once known as the Swedish pub, thanks to its Scandinavian clientele and location opposite the Ulrika Eleonora Church.
Housed within a Grade II-listed five story Georgian townhouse on 32 Harcourt Street, it is the project of a team comprising head chef Kimmo Makkonen, general manager Thomas Haring and design and hotel expert Andrew Endean of Hotel du Vin, Malmaison, Liberty and De Vere.
There will also be a 40-person capacity ground floor bar, offering a wine list curated by Finbar Neumann of the Shed, the River Café and the Newman Street Tavern; plus cocktails designed by Swedish-born Tess Pettersson.
The two private dining rooms will seat 20 people in one, and 10 people in the other.
The site's interior has been designed by Samantha Palmer and Andrew Endean, and is aiming to offer elegance and warmth while preserving the building's historical Regency elements, such as wooden panelling and leaded windows.
Revelations: ScandiKitchen owner Bronte Aurell >>
Latest video from The Caterer