The team behind the Michelin-starred Tamarind restaurant embark on a "new Indian food concept" with Imli. Marrying modern Indian cuisine with traditional flavours, Imli promises a sophisticated yet affordable dining experience in the West End. Expect new tastes, textures and ingredients from executive chef Samir Sadekar.
- Opened: 14 December
- Owner: Tamarind Group
- Executive chef: Samir Sadekar
- General manager: Kotesh Choudary
- Capacity: 120
- Food: Imli encourages diners to share, since three dishes are equivalent to a two-course meal. Go for the prawn pav in cumin and ajwain masala sauce, the chicken haryaki, and the bhel puri, and carrot fudge for dessert.
- Prices: £2.95 to £6.75. Try the three selected dishes for £10.75, which change weekly.
- Address: 167-169 Wardour Street, London W1F 8WR
- Telephone: 020 7287 4243