Local restaurateur buys Newcastle pub

21 March 2007 by
Local restaurateur buys Newcastle pub

Newcastle restaurateur Paul Liu has bought the leasehold on the Leazes Inn at Newcastle upon Tyne.

Liu, who also owns the Treasure of the Orient restaurant in Newcastle, plans to convert part of the pub into a Chinese buffet restaurant.

The inn is a large public house in Barrack Road, where the gates to the former barracks form part of the premises.

It is popular with local residents, university students and supports of Newcastle United FC, whose grounds are just half a mile away.

Occuping a single-storey terraced building, the inn offers a 150-seat main bar, a 50-seat dining area, a snooker room, a 40-seat trade patio, three-bedroom owners' accommodation, and a large car park.

Drink represents 80% of business and food the remaining 20%.

The Newcastle office of Christie + Co sold the leasehold off a guide price of £180,000 on behalf of Paul Watson and Bev Bently.

By Angela Frewin

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.


Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking