Located in Nottingham's Lace Market, this latest opening from the Piccolino restaurant and bar chain hopes to bring Italian food "as it should be" to the city. Based on the traditional charm and buzz of New York brasseries, this is the brand's eighth UK restaurant.
- Opened: 10 April
- Owner: Individual Restaurant Company
- Capacity: 120
- Food: Piccolino offers a menu focusing on classic Italian food, including antipasto, pizza, pasta, risotto, meat and fish. All the traditional dishes are there, along with some more modern choices such as asparagus grigliati, porchetta arrosto (suckling pig with roasted butternut squash and sage), and gamberoni aglio et olio (king prawns, chilli, lemon and garlic).
- Prices: starters from £3, mains £8-£15
- Address: 7 Weekday Cross, Nottingham NG1 2GB
- Telephone: 0115 947 2169
- See a map of Piccolino here