Two more Marco Pierre White franchising deals signed

08 December 2014 by
Two more Marco Pierre White franchising deals signed

The franchising company behind Marco Pierre White's growing restaurant empire has secured two new sites for the chef's New York Italian brand.

Black and White Franchising said it had secured sites in Kenilworth and Kegworth respectively for the restaurants.

The Kenilworth site is located in the Holiday Inn, Kenilworth-Warwick on Abbey End. It is expected to open in March 2015 with capacity for 114 covers. The hotel's owner, Khanna Enterprises (Kenilworth) Limited will run the venue.

The Kegworth venue will be in the Yew Lodge hotel on Packington Hill. Owned independently, the 134-cover is expected to open in April 2015, with work to start in the New Year.

The latest deals take the number of restaurants signed by Black and White Franchising up to 15, with many more in the pipeline.

The business, which is rolling out the New York Italian and Steakhouse Bar & Grill concepts across the country, aims to have 20 restaurants open by mid-2015, and 50 within the next four years.

The company behind the development of the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill and Marco's New York Italian is New York Italian Ltd. The business was 30% owned by hotel development company Sanguine Hospitality, with the other 70% owned by Marco Pierre White. But recently Nick Taplin and Caroline Wilce, both of whom are still directors of Sanguine, bought Sanguine's 30% share in a private transaction.

Taplin said: "When we started this journey we had a very ambitious roll out plan for both brands. To have signed up our fifteenth restaurant is fantastic news and we can't wait for them to be open.

"We are in varying stages of negotiation with more venues right across the UK and will hopefully be able to announce these in the New Year. We are currently on track to be at 20 restaurants by mid-2015.

"Our franchise model has appealed to all sorts of venues and there is clearly an appetite to be associated with arguably one of the best ever British chefs.

"We'll now be working hard in 2015 to maintain the momentum gained and hope to have signed up many more venues throughout the year."

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.


Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking