Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

UK Young Chef of the Year Awards 2017 finalists revealed

10 July 2017 by
UK Young Chef of the Year Awards 2017 finalists revealed

Online reservation site Bookatable by Michelin has announced the finalists of its Young Chef of the Year Awards 2017.

The annual competition, in partnership with M Restaurants, aims to nurture the next generation of young chefs and encourage young talent working in the UK restaurant industry.

The 10 finalists, all under the age of 29, work for some of the best restaurants in London, including the Dairy, Woughton House, and Five Fields.

The finalists were selected from among 50 chefs, shortlisted and invited to M Victoria to cook their own signature dishes to a panel of judges including executive chef Michael Reid and Tom Kemble, who have both recently appeared on The Great British Menu.

The 10 finalists will now be mentored by both Michael Reid and M founder Martin Williams to tweak their menu design ready for the ultimate round of the competition, the Bookatable M Young Chef Takeover which will take place at M Victoria St for 10 nights from 25 July - 5 August 2017.

During their restaurant takeover, the young chefs will be scored on the same criteria to form 33% of each finalist's score by a judging panel which includes: Daniel Ayton, president of Disciples of Escoffier; senior vice president of World Master Chefs, Richard Bainbridge; Sarah Durdin Robertson; and M Restaurant founder Martin Williams. The remaining 67% will be awarded by paying diners each evening, giving diners the opportunity to be part of the judging process, where they can help to choose the winner of The M & Bookatable Young Chef of the Year 2017.

The finalists are:

Jack Barwick - The Dairy
Kevin Hardy - Les 110 de Taillevent
Chris Davis - Compass Group
Kristian Ordona-Bates - Sofitel Heathrow
Perry Torrance - SMITHS of Smithfield
Taylor Batey - The Inn
Arran Seymour - Goose Fat & Wild Garlic
William Bowman-Smith - Woughton House
Guillaume Dunos - La Ferme
Valentin Perelle - Five Fields

Michael Reid launches M & Bookatable Young Chef of the Year >>

Great British Menu 2017 line-up announced >>

The Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email

Start the working day with The Caterer’s free breakfast briefing email

Sign Up and manage your preferences below

Check mark icon
Thank you

You have successfully signed up for the Caterer Breakfast Briefing Email and will hear from us soon!

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.

close

Ad Blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an adblocker and – although we support freedom of choice – we would like to ask you to enable ads on our site. They are an important revenue source which supports free access of our website's content, especially during the COVID-19 crisis.

trade tracker pixel tracking