A host of chefs and restaurants will be at Excel, London to take part in seasonal food festival Taste of Christmas on 4-6 December.
The wintertime sibling to the summer's Taste of London, this gastronomic extravaganza will host 18 of London's top restaurants all of whom will showcase their signature dishes.
Among the restaurants and chefs taking part include Bjorn van der Horst from Eastside Inn, Francesco Mazzei, chef-proprietor of Italian restaurant L'Anima and Pascal Aussignac, co-owner of Club Gascon.
Caterersearch.com caught up with the chefs in their kitchens, and was given a sneak preview of what will be on offer from their restaurant during the three-day event.
Watch van der Horst cook All Cremet, Mazzei prepare Capitone Eel stew and Nicolas Bellorguey pastry chef at Comptoir Gascon demonstrate the restaurant's new signature dessert, Gascon Mess.
Full list of chefs and restaurants taking part in Taste of Christmas
- Alan Jones, Almeida Restaurant, Islington
- Atul Kochhar, Benares, Mayfair
- Richard Corrigan, Bentley's Oyster Bar and Grill, Mayfair
- Pascal Aussignac, Club Gascon, Smithfield
- Riccardo de Pra, Dolada, Mayfair
- Bjorn van der Horst, Eastside Inn, Farringdon
- Franceso Mazzei, L'Anima, Liverpool Street
- Anna Hansen, Modern Pantry, Farringdon
- Lawrence Keogh, Roast, Borough Market
- Robin Gill, Sauterelle, City of London
- Chris Dines, St Pancras Grand, King's Cross
- Bubker Belkit, Sumosan, Mayfair
- Alfred Prasad, Tamarind, Mayfair
- Ravi Deulekar, Trishna, Marylebone
Three-Michelin-starred chef Heston Blumenthal will also be joining in the event on the final day, 6 December.
Caterer has teamed up with the organisers and we have five pairs of tickets to giveaway. To get your hands on a free pair of tickets, send your name, address and contact number to mailto:email@example.com with "Taste of Christmas 2009" in the subject line.
By Katherine Alano
E-mail your comments to Katherine Alano here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next restaurant job here with Caterersearch.com jobs